Info for Race Directors
(1) PLEASE ensure your race is on the RoadRaceResults.com race calendar. If it's not, email David Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org) with key race info as we need your race listed there first before we can add it to the Road Warrior site.
Why We Charge Races
If your event isn't involved with the Road Warrior ‘Runner Rating Program’ you're missing valuable promotional opportunities.
How Do Races Benefit? The Road Warrior membership is now over 2400 which means the website regularly gets hundreds of hits by members who check their ratings and standings and which Road Warrior event to do next. It means your event also gets promoted in the Road Warrior newsletter AND RoadRaceResults.com site as a “designated Road Warrior race”.
# of Road Warriors at some ‘Road Warrior’ races:
The more Road Warriors we push to your event, the more participants you get and the more revenue you earn. The program works. The cost of two or three entries is all you need to have your event participate.
Races will get additional exposure:
- on RoadRaceResults.com with a Road Warrior logo beside the race name
- in the monthly Road Warrior newsletter
- where Road Warrior has a promo booth or table
What Do Races Have to Do to Participate?
Register and sign up your race (a fee is required for 2011 races). Send us your race logo in jpg format along with basic info about your race. We'll have it up on sites within a few days. To sign up right away look at the right side column on this page and scroll down to the PayPal option.
Can You in Turn Help the Road Warrior Program?
The more you tell your database of past participants about the program, the more it helps you as has been proven time and again by race directors. Plus we want more exposure so any way you tell your race constituents or database is helpful. You can:
1. place the Road Warrior logo and a brief explanation (with a link) on your race site (we'll provide the logo and info)
2. place a brief blurb of the program in one of your emails to your database (we'll provide the blurb)
3. add a space on your race's on-line and printed entry forms for people to check that they are Road Warriors
4. let Road Warrior staff attend your race with a self-standing banner to hand out promotional cards
5. in a post-race email announce the winners of the Road Warrior category (we'll contact winners and mail them prizes)
Which of these would you be up for doing?
How Does the Program Work? see the home page.
“The program is designed to encourage current runners to train a bit more, to enter more races and have fun with the competitive aspect of running ‘against’ others of all abilities“, according to Road Warrior manager Michael Brennan. “It’s not supposed to replace current road race results like overall winners or age group winners, it’s just going to add another category of winners. The ‘Road Warrior’ winners at races are often people who never win awards at races so for the masses, this program is fun to participate in.”
Any Ontario running race can be a ‘Road Warrior-designated’ event and benefit from the exposure the program offers. Races will be added as the season goes so that eventually ‘Road Warrior’ events will be offered all over the province and everyone will have a chance to participate. Sign up your Event for Road Warrior!
Register Your Event Here
When you register your race
Payment must be made at time of booking. All payments are made through PayPal, a secure and safe way to do Internet transactions. You have the option of paying with Visa, MC, American Express or debit.